16 November 2005

I hate job hunting ... why is it so DIFFICULT

I just got the terms for my job .. one word - dissappointing. The job is interesting (trade negotiations for Singapore - something that i want to do and have been working hard in school to get into). But the pay is *ahem* a little on the low side. What happen to the weberian bureaucracy principles in the Singapore govt. What happen to the "i wil pay them higher so that i can attract talented pp" mantra??? WHY!! Well i will just have to see what happens after the pay review tom?

Also just got a call from a bank .. i got selected for the tests - the FIRST stage of the interview process. God .. i hate the emotional rollercoaster that they put you through. First, you are selected .. you think great, i am IN! Then, if you get through and see the HR pp, you think .. wow one more step. Then if you dont make it after that.. its the "sorry you did not make it, but this year's applicants are of a high quality. Its not you and the Bloody freaking market that is working against you. You are still good" type of mesage. It's like a bloody relationship... well, will see what happens this friday. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Comrade Kenny said...

A bank? Make sure you read the fine print before you sign your life away to them...

Last time I interviewed for a bank, they weren't too happy that I was taking course to broaden my knowledge, saying that I "wasn't committed enough" :P

Comrade Kenny said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.