3 May 2005

After the Exams - an important 3 months

It is the end of the exams and I am back to my normal life again. The exams were okay. Both Comtemporary Asian Diplomacy and SEA Economies should be fine. It is the SEA Politics that is the problem: it was difficult and the lecturer set really tricky questions. But oh well it is over and done. I have three months holiday till the next semester starts. Time to slack around and catch up on all the books, games and DVDS. (PS: I just got some more books from the Times Books Sale over the Weekend. They were also selling Harry Potter for only $7 - CHEAP! but I already have it.)

But I don't intend to waste my holidays ... at least not all of it :P I will be

1. changing my blog designs - i am getting tired of the design and the whole 'whiteness' of it. I am currently playing around with a template that I copied but I will be modifying it - A lot. So in a way it is not plagarism. haha

2. apply and reasearch for jobs - basically i will be graduating this nov and i will be unemployed so i better apply for something. I am looking at banks (investment and private) and governement (MAS, IE, MTI, MFA ...) and international organisations (primariyl the World Bank). I am really interested in the World Bank position though - it combines development work with economics and research. And you get to travel (hopefully) and get to work on issues that actually help the planet (presumably, unless Wolfowitz takes over the World Bank and it becomes a department under the US State Dept. but that is another story).

3. finally, plan for my scholarship application. This is also something that I am interested in - the EU Scholarship for a Masters in Economics and Law. This will be a masters in the economic analysis of law - hmmm .. i have no idea what that means too. The attractive thing about this scholarship is there is NO Bond (unlike the stinking scholarhips / servitude system in Singapore). And I get to visit one university per semester - that is I get to study at one university for each semester based on the subjects that I want to take (countries include Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, and UK). I am eyeing the Netherlands, Germany and UK.

So this three months are important. What I do in these three months will determine my future. SO as Stef would say "Gambette!!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i feel that it's most appropriate to say:

"GAMBATTE, _____ B.com (Honours), (soon to be) M.Soc.Sci (International Studies-kun!!!!" *at the top of my lungs*

that's quite a mouthful you know..:D