6 July 2005

MFA replied

In the middle of June, I sent in an application for the Foreign Serivce Officer Position in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. And today, they replied. I know this may sound conceited, but I actually winged the application and gave pretty stupid answers to their question on "What do you think is the challenge for Singapore's Foreign Service?" and "Why do you want to be a Foreign Service Officer?". But they replied and they are asking me in for some tests. Actually its more like a multitude of tests:

"Stage 1 of the selection process consists of the following five
assessments:-

a) Analysis Test
b) Writing Skills Test
c) Reasoning Test
d) Situational Judgement Test
e) Personality Test"

So it seems I have gotten into the first round and hopefully I get pass these tests successfully next Tuesday (12th). So pray for me and wish me luck.

Hopefully they do not expose me for the fake that I am. :P

Also, how fortunate that these tests are happening on the day that the office is organising some LAME RECREATION DAY!! So with this excuse, I am escaping from lame activities like tug-of-war and Drunken Sailor.

What joy!! What luck!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha!...all the best:)

Anonymous said...

hi there, i happen to chance upon your entry and was wondering if you can share with me some things on the stage 1 mfa test? i know it has been a while since you took it but i realy cant find anything else to help calm me down,
thanks!

capriguy

Muffin Man said...

it doesnt help if you do not give any contact details or any useful way of contacting you.

Anonymous said...

omg...i'm so nervous till i totally forgot about it...so sorry!

i can be contacted at
capriguy@hotmail.com

thanks!