11 April 2005

General Elections are coming to a neighbourhood near you ...

Just read in the online CNA that the Lee Jr has just gone to visit his constituency. This sparks off speculations that there will be a general election coming up. Hurrah!! This will be my first time voting in an election. My voice will be heard by the polity. My opinions will matter. I can do my part to help the opposition parties in Singapore. Unless...

There is a walkover in my area ... hahaha!!!

The peculiarity of Singapore politics is that there is just too little opposition so they tend to concentrate their resources on more shaky constituencies. Also, the government's idea to have a multi-racial party running for the constituency elections also disadvantage the opposition. (Yes - all this from the insightful book by Mutalib. Read the previous post ;)

So the General Elections are coming to a negihbourhood near you ... UNLESS yours is a walkover.

No comments: