20 December 2004

Da vinci code

Just recently completed the book. It is as fantastic as the reviews suggest. A very clever and well-researched book. You should read it.

So as any good student would do, I went and did some research about the book. These are some interesting things that I found on the web:

1. A contest that Dan Brown created to tell his readers about his next book. Very interesting and clever. I could not really solve so anyone who can ... Feel free to confess it to me.
One clever thing that he did was to hid one of the clues within the hardcover's book jacket. The letters are all in bold (to view first and second part) and they form the words "IS THERE NO HELP FOR THE WIDOWS SON". I googled it and you'll get results about the links between Mormonism and the secret society of the Free Masons, specifically with the Mormon prophet Joseph Smith.

2. Some of the truth mentioned in the book.

3. Use these photos to help you visualise the book. I think there is a illustrated version of the book that is out. You can use this website and the paperback as a cheap alternative to the expensive illustrated book :D

No comments: