2 August 2005

Humilty and Pride

On Sunday, I watched this newish (on the local networks but not in the US ) show called Joan of Arcadia. I read that it was pretty interesting so I watched it. Actually, I was watching it cos I was waiting for Gilmore Girls to start (which btw, is getting a little too Dawson's Creek for me). So the premise of Joan is that the titular girl meets these different people who know intimate details about her and are actually one person - GOD! Yes God!! So the show is a little a la Joan d'Arc - modern day version with the high school angst and the internet. It's a rather interesting concept given that the other holy-moly show I can think of is "Touched by an Angel" which STINKS.

One interesting idea that GOD (which at that moment was a electrician fixing a street lamp) tells Joan is that you have to have Pride. So Joan (being the teenager) says, "what about all the stuff about Humility?".

Answer: You have to be good at what you do to be humble. Goodness, that sounded like a sunday school message ... brought to you by the letters G ... O .... D and the number 7.

No comments: